When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you’ll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
A special note: This September, we’re hosting a Virtual Employee Wellbeing Fair where your teams can come to hear from experts on how to pursue a holistically healthy life. We’ll host the event; all you need to do is invite your team. Register and learn more on our event portal.
- Don’t Let Anxiety Sabotage Your Next Presentation – If you want to beat speaking anxiety, you need to stop focusing on yourself and point your focus outward. This shift isn’t something that can happen instantaneously. It takes time, patience and practice. This article provides some tips on how to get started.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- How to Reset Your Family’s Screen Time After the Pandemic – Many families relied heavily on screens during the pandemic. If you want to change your family’s screen use patterns, consider these strategies to take small steps forward.
- How to Save Money on Back-to-School Shopping – The list of necessary school supplies can be lengthy and expensive. Here are 14 tips on back-to-school shopping that can help you prioritize your spending and save money.
- Why You Need a Will and How to Create One – If you have assets, financial accounts, children, or all of the above and then some, a will is important to have. Yet, only 33% of adults have one in place. Join Principal for a webinar to learn the importance of a will, six simple steps you can take to create one and how to protect your retirement savings and other funds. Don't miss the webinar on Wednesday, July 21st at 12 PM ET.
- Learn to Listen to Your Body Again – Your body is constantly giving you signs about your health, but we’ve been trained to tune it out. Stuffy nose and dry eyes? Brain fog and bloating? Chronically sore muscles? Raging hunger? They’re all signs. Your job is to, at the very least, acknowledge them. And if you’re so inclined, do something about them. Your body is politely trying to get your attention. Start giving it the respect it deserves to make strides in your health.
- What to Eat and Do to Promote Detoxification – In a healthy body, the process of detoxification runs smoothly. When our detoxification system becomes overwhelmed and overloaded, we start developing symptoms and get sick. This is why supporting our innate detoxification system is a vital component of full-body health. In this 15-minute podcast, Dr. Mark Hyman speaks with his colleagues at The UltraWellness Center about how proper detoxification starts with our diets. They explore how food and lifestyle practices can be used to enhance detoxification and support our overall health.
- Feeling ‘meh’? You might be languishing. – Languishing falls somewhere between joy and depression. It can be described as feeling aimless or lacking in purpose, or not being able to focus or function at full capacity. If this feeling resonates with you these days, here are some tips to help you move forward.
- 12 Best YouTube Yoga Channels to Learn Yoga – If you are eager to start a yoga practice but overwhelmed by the thousands of yoga channels on YouTube, this is a great list to get you started.
- The Secret to Happiness is Helping Others – Scientific research provides compelling data to support the anecdotal evidence that giving is a powerful pathway to personal growth and lasting happiness. Here are some tips to maximize your impact and your happiness.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- How to Have Tough Conversations About Returning to the Office – The only thing that’s certain about the upcoming return to the office is that there will be a lot of uncertainty. Not only will your team be working differently, but your customers, suppliers and partners will be, too. Some people are more than eager to return to work, some are dreading it and others are ambivalent. Engaging in these conversations calls for a little more preparation than normal. This article presents several pitfalls to watch out for and guidance for creating return-to-work plans with your team members.
- How HR Pros Solved Four Employee Wellness Concerns – There's always something new when it comes to employee wellness initiatives. Namaste Wellness CEO, Julie Wald, will take you through four case studies that address return-to-work concerns, employee engagement and retention. You can join the event on Tuesday, July 27th at 12:30 PM.