I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Below please find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team.
Have a safe and healthy week!
- The Right Way and the Wrong Way to Do Video Calls – None of us are meant to sit in zoom meetings for hours at a time. With a little bit of planning, you can get your team off the back-to-back meeting rollercoaster.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- This (free!) Parenting Class from Yale Will Help You Eliminate Friction in Your House – “Everyday Parenting” is designed to give parents and caregivers of kids, from preschool to teens, a toolkit of techniques to make life at home a little smoother.
- 16 Cable Alternatives to Save You Money – Cable TV prices continue to soar so here is a list of the cost-effective alternatives that will enable you to finally cut the cord.
- 7 Functional Glutes Exercises to Try at Home + A Full Workout (by P.volve) – P.volve’s “pre-hab” method helps your body move the way it was physically designed to. These exercises help your overall mobility and support you in working on your postural imbalances.
- How Movement Radically Transforms the Brain – In this 20-minute podcast, a functional medicine doctor, psychologist, and personal trainer discuss how exercise can improve the treatment outcomes for depression and anxiety, how exercise decreases our chance of cognitive decline, and simple ways to build exercise into your everyday life.
- Is it OK to Reveal Your Anxiety or Depression to Your Boss? Mental-health issues have soared during the pandemic and companies are providing benefits. But before asking for accommodations, consider whom to talk to and what you need.
- How to Help in the Aftermath of Hurricane Sally – On September 16th, hurricane Sally slammed Florida and Alabama leaving heavy flood, destruction, and more than 400,000 homes and businesses without power. Here’s how you can help.
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Real Stories of How Best WorkplacesTM Are Supporting Parents During COVID-19 – Among the Best Workplaces™ making pandemic pivots, many are helping moms and dads manage triple duty. From the need for drastic flexibility to talking to kids about racism — here are some creative and caring ways to support parents battling the legacies of COVID-19.
- Why Adding a Human Layer is the Key to the “Great Reset” – “A company is only as resilient as its people. If employees are anxious, reactive and burned out, every business metric — from productivity to attrition to customer success — will be affected. That’s why people need to be at the center of whatever re-entry plans or digital transformation strategies companies are formulating right now.”
About the Author
Andrea Davis, Director of Wellbeing
Andrea joined Alera Group Northeast (formerly CBP) in July 2013, bringing over 15 years of experience in management consulting and strategic solutions. As the Director of Wellbeing, she is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive wellness strategies for existing and prospective Alera Group clients. She provides assistance and support to Alera Group clients by developing personalized programs that fit clients’ unique health management needs, wellness program implementation, committee development, promotion and marketing of their programs to encourage participation. In addition, Andrea conducts program analysis and generates reports related to program participation, health assessment and client utilization.